Dr. Mary Cherian
Dr. Mary Cherian
Head of the Department & Professor
A very keen educator, a qualified and experienced marketing professional having 25 years of experience helping individuals and companies in marketing and institution building. She has offered her expertise on projects varying from estimating marketing potential to developing strategies for products and companies to guiding companies on their vision/ mission/strategies and alignment of all these to achieve organizational goals. Her areas of interest include Service Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Social Marketing/Entrepreneurship and Balanced Scorecards.
She heads KCT Business School, and is responsible for driving the initiatives of the department in accreditations, new programs, quality enhancement and Industry Institute collaborations
- ‘Effect of destruction of trees on highway roads and its impact on climate change at Coimbatore–a case study’, 2021 IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 1070 (1), 012044, WOS indexed
- ‘An intensive online survey of climate change due to development of roads and bridges on the highway road at Coimbatore–an evidence’, 2021 IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 1070 (1), 012045. WOS indexed.
- ‘Impact analysis on change in climatic conditions due to the development of highway roads and other infrastructures at Coimbatore-an evidence’, 2020 IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science 573 (1), 012006, Scopus indexed.
- ‘Role and Contribution of Indian Women Engineers to Society’, in Women: Struggle, survival & Success; Ed. Prof. Dr. R. Ganesan, Chapter 10, pg. 92, 2020, DOI: 10.9756/BP2020.1003
- ‘A Conceptual Model of Determinants of Students’ Intentions to Use Electronic Textbooks’ in the Conference Proceedings of the Seventh Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference, Green Bay, Wisconsin, May 18-19, 2012 at http://aisel.aisnet.org/mwais2012/22
- ‘What to Convey in Anti-Drinking and Driving PSAs for College Students?’ in the Annals of the Fiftieth Society For Marketing Advances (SMA) Conference, Orlando, Florida, October 31 – November 3, 2012, at http://marketingadvances.org/associations/6141/files/2012%20Conference%20Proceedings.pdf
- A market potential study for Drip irrigation systems for Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., Jalgaon for the Kerala region.
- A market survey on the consumption levels of Tender Coconut in Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkatta and Mumbai for Coir Board, Kochi
- A market Survey for Sakthi Dairy products and Stores – ABT Foods Retailing India Ltd, Coimbatore
- A market survey to understand business potential of a new transcription software among professionals in Coimbatore for RND Softech Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore.
- Micro Market Study – Pollachi cluster for Brand Sakthi Finance Ltd.
- DST_NIMAT project 2019-20 for conducting FDP on Entrepreneurship Development – Train the Trainer program.
- ICCSR minor research funding for the project on “Impact Analysis on Climatic conditions due to the development of Highway Roads and other Infrastructures”.
Received BEST GUIDE AWARD 2008 for student project guidance from Coimbatore Management
- Received the SENIOR EDUCATOR & SCHOLAR AWARD 2014 from the National Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development (NFED) for significant contributions to teaching and research.
- Received the Boardroom Simulation Game – THE MASTER STRATEGIST award, in 2016.
- Received the BEST MANAGEMENT TEACHER AWARD from Coimbatore Management Association