Dr. Mary Cherian
Dr. Mary Cherian
Head of the Department & Professor
A very keen educator, a qualified and experienced marketing professional having 25 years of experience helping individuals and companies in marketing and institution building. She has offered her expertise on projects varying from estimating marketing potential to developing strategies for products and companies to guiding companies on their vision/ mission/strategies and alignment of all these to achieve organizational goals. Her areas of interest include Service Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Social Marketing/Entrepreneurship and Balanced Scorecards.
She heads the marketing centre of KCT Business School, and is responsible for driving the initiatives of the centre in training, research and consultancy. Her responsibilities include recruitment of faculty, mentoring and assessment of junior faculty. She also plays an advisory role where she gives strategic inputs for the various processes in KCTBS. She is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Applied Management Research (JAMR), a half-yearly blind peer reviewed journal of KCTBS.
Research Focus Area/s
- Service quality
- Consumer behavior
- Social marketing
- Market potential studies.
- Paper published on ‘IT for women empowerment’ in the International Research Journal, SAJOSPS, Vol.5(2), June 2005.
- Mary Cherian, Sampath Kumar Ranganathan, SandipanSenGauravBansal, and BhagyalakshmiVenkatesh, (2012) ‘A Conceptual Model of Determinants of Students’ Intentions to Use Electronic Textbooks’ in the Conference Proceedings of the Seventh Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference, Green Bay, Wisconsin, May 18-19, 2012 at http://aisel.aisnet.org/mwais2012/22
- Mary Cherian (2012)‘What to Convey in Anti-Drinking and Driving PSAs for College Students?’ in the Annals of the Fiftieth Society For Marketing Advances (SMA) Conference, Orlando, Florida, October 31 – November 3, 2012 at http://marketingadvances.org/associations/6141/files/2012%20Conference %20Proceedings.pdf
Books chapters published:
- ‘Marketability of solar lanterns in the post subsidy period’ in Contemporary Trends in Business Research, Eds.R. Krishnaveni & R.Nandagopal – chapter 26, pg. 255, Allied Publishers P. Ltd, New
- ‘Information & Communication Technology’ in Women’s Empowerment – Politics and Policies, Ed. M R Biju – chapter 12, pg. 167, Mittal Publications, New Delhi, 2006.
- ‘Customer Perceptions and Expectations of Service Quality in Small Grocery Retail Stores’ in
Marketing in the New Global Order, Eds. Tapan K Panda & Navin Donthu – chapter 21, pg. 241, Excel Books, New Delhi, 2007.
- ‘A study on the Relationship between Switching barriers and Service Recovery Evaluation’ in Marketing in the New Global Order, Eds. Tapan K Panda & Navin Donthu – chapter 47, pg. 587, Excel Books, New Delhi, 2007.
- ‘A study on factors influencing Store Choice in Grocery Retail’ in Conference proceedings of International conference on Global Strategies, Excel Books, 2010
- ‘The Village’ in the Storm in a Tea Cup Compendium of Case Studies by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), 2012.