The Panel Discussion on the Union Budget 2022 was conducted on March 23, 2022. Sruti S, President SA- II MBA welcomed the gathering, and Mr. Neelakandan Salvady, I MBA- Finance Forum Coordinator introduced the members of the panel. The panel moderator Mr. Venkitasubramanian K S Chief Financial Officer, Kumaraguru College of Technology gave an overview of the Budget released by the Finance Minister post-pandemic period and the importance given to the infrastructure sector.
- Dr. Badri Narayanan Gopalakrishnan, Head Trade and Commerce, NITI Aayog presented the Key Highlights of Union Budget 2022 in a pre-recorded video.
- Mr. Vishnu Das Gupta, Associate, NITI Aayog -Commerce, and Industry division elaborated on the Trade-related announcements in the Budget 2022 pertaining to SEZ, Capital goods, MSMEs.
- Mr. K.Ravi, CFO, Roots Industries India Limited, Coimbatore presented The Economic and Taxation Perspective on Budget, he also elaborated on the taxation on digital assets.
- Dr Mary George, Former Professor & Head PG Dept. of Economics, University College, Trivandrum presented elaborately on the emphasis given for infrastructure development, the key priorities provided in the Budget, and on the social and physical infrastructure.
- Mr. K.Ilamurugu, Vice President, HDFC Bank, Coimbatore presented an overview of Economic scenario, banking and financial reforms presented in the budget which was a continuation of the previous budget.
- Mr K Thangaraj, CEO, Aashirvaadh Wealth and Property Solutions, Coimbatore shared about the Digitalization and Budget – on boosting the digital economy, bridging the digital divide, and regulations laid down for the digital economy.
The panel deliberated further on key points such as the tax structure, banking reforms, deepening of bond markets and digitalization, and the misses on the Budget. The session was coordinated by Dr D Susana, Assistant Professor – Finance