IBM collaborated Post Graduate Diploma Program in Business Analytics (PGDPBA)
About the program:
KCT.BS in collaboration with IBM is launching a diploma degree program for working professionals. The Professional Diploma in Business analytics is recommended for anyone involved in business planning, looking to add a new skill set or pursue a career in this dynamic field of business analysis. An in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of business analysis is necessary today to gain the competitive advantage for both their business and career. This program is jointly certified by KCT.BS and IBM.
The objective of this course is
- To familiarize the participants about the application of business analytics and its
techniques in business scenarios. This will be useful for analysts, middle level or
- To develop greater knowledge of tools and techniques in functional area and to
be able to relate it to the strategy of the organization
- To enable a strong understanding of how to synthesize insightful information
from large datasets after doing hands-on analysis.
After completing the program participants will be able to
- Identify appropriate database technologies to meet a set of requirements and to
recommend possible solutions.
- Create predictive models using statistical, data mining and machine learning
techniques, and evaluate and interpret such models to support fact-based
- Clearly communicate and present complex analytics results to stakeholders,
using practical and simple business for case of comprehension.
- Curriculum is designed and developed by Industry Partner – IBM
- Course will be delivered by competent faculty from Teknoturf which has real
time work experience in this field alongside support from IBM.
- Hands-on training with live projects
- Blended And Technology Enabled Learning
- Industry Speakers, Real-life Case Studies, Project Based Learning
- Hands on practice to do data analysis on large datasets using analytics software like R and Tableau.
The course is divided into 5 modules. Once a module is completed, the student automatically progresses to the next module.
The assessment process is divided into 2 levels for each module
- Assignments and projects ( 50% weightage)
- Final assessment: Covers entire topic of the course. Online exam at the end of the entire module. (50 % weightage)
Modular assessment will be done by the faculty/trainer of the module. And at the end of the module, the student will take an online examination covering the entire module. Questions will be case based multiple choice and short answer.
Commencement Date: 31st March 2018.
Program duration & timings
- 9 months (March –October) – 210 hours programme
- Monthly engagement = 6 days * 5hrs = 30 hours
- Alternate Sundays will be off
- Class timings – Saturday 2 PM- 7 PM & Sunday 10 – 3 PM
Who should join the Professional Diploma?
- Working Professional in any field who are looking to augment their business analytics skill.
- Graduate students with background in engineering ,medical, science, IT,
statistics or math’s, mba or commerce
- Professionals in the field of Telecom, Banking, IT Consultancy, Retail and
Healthcare or companies who want themselves / their employee to be proficient in Business Analysis.
Applicants should have the following minimum Academic
- B.E/ B. Tech/ BCA/ B Pharm graduates and/ or ME/M.Tech/ MCA/ M-Pharm graduates from a recognized Institute/ University.
- Science Graduates(BSc. & MSc.) from a recognized university in Math/ Stats/Operations Research/ Physics/ Economics/CS/ IT
- Commerce Graduates from a recognized university Minimum 50% marks or equivalent in the qualifying examinations.
Fees – Rs. 1.45 lakhs + Taxes
Admission Process – After the screening of the profile of the candidate they will be called for a written test and personal interview.
Application date – 1 st round of admission will be starting from 15 th January 2017.
Placement Support – Placement support will be provided by the college placement team to get the interview call.
After successful completion and assessment of the Programme, the candidate will be awarded “POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS”