Dr. B. Poongodi
Dr. B. Poongodi
She holds a degree in B.Sc. (Agriculture) from TamilNadu Agricultural University and a first class Masters in Business Administration from BSMED, Bharathiar University Coimbatore. She has done M.Phil and PGDCA from Periyar University, Salem. She has qualified in UGC – National Eligibility Test (NET) in December, 2008 and was conferred doctoral degree in Management on 2nd May, 2013. She started her career as a Project Manager with Grassroots Innovation and Augmentation Network (South) and was serving the industry for 3 years. She has been working as an Assistant Professor in Management since 12th July, 2004.
Apart from handling papers on Consumers Behaviour, Business Statistics, Research Methods and Economics for the MBA students, she is in-charge of Forum activities of the Marketing Centre at KCT.BS. She is a Co – Investigator in the DST – SEED sponsored programme for Handloom Weavers and is a active team member of KCT- Natural Fibre Research Center. She has been the resource person for various training, EDP and MDP organized by the school and external organizations. She has executed marketing consultancy assignments for Reliance Foundation – Information Services, Mumbai, Ranjan Medical Center, Coimbatore, Technicon Services, Chennai and Carex Services, Coimbatore. As a member of CMA, she actively participates in management seminars, conferences and sustainable agriculture programmes. She coordinated a one year Capacity Building Programme for Agripreneurs in collaboration with Directorate of Business Development, TNAU in 2016-17. She reviews articles for Kisan World Journal and Journal of Management Research and Analysis from Innovative Publications.
Research Focus Area/s:
- Marketing Management
- Agricultural Marketing
- Rural Marketing
- Agribusiness Management
- Impact of E-commerce Practices in the Changing Agri- Business Environment with special Reference to the Grape Growers of Coimbatore District, Published in PSNA Journal of Management, Dindigul in June 2010.
- Usage Pattern of Agriculture Market Information Network Published in the CIET Journal in the year July, 2011.
- Paper entitled “ A work Life Balance Among the Employees At TVS SriChakra Limited” presented and published in “Emerging Trends in Global Business” I Edition ISBN : 978-93-81537-00-8.
- Paper entitled “A Case Study on the Impediments facing Agro-Input Consumers in the process of Globalization” was published in the International Journal of Consumerism ISSN 2250-1010
- “The Village”, a case on the city restaurant run by Mr.Jai got published in the Compendium of CII, November, 2012.
- Published a paper titled “An Empirical Study on the Electronic Commerce Practices among the Grape Growers of Coimbatore District in Tamilnadu, India” in The International Journal’s Research Journal of Social Science and Management with the ISSN 2251-1571 issued by National Library, Singapore, Volume: 03, Number: 01 dated May-2013
- Published a paper titled “A Study On the level of Adoption of Internet Information amongst the farmers of Composite Coimbatore” in The International Journal’s Research Journal of Social Science and Management with the ISSN 2251-1571 issued by National Library, Singapore dated Vol.3, No.12 (2014) : 01 April 2014.
- Published a paper titled “A perceptual study on the constraints in adoption of e- commerce practices among the farmers of composite Coimbatore” in The International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology (IJAIST) with the ISSN 2319:2682, Vol.28, No.28, P.No.70-77, dated August, 2014 ; Impact Factor : 3.564.
- Published a paper titled “Impact of MGNREGA on Sustaining Agricultural Labour – A Case Study” in The Journal of Agroecology and Natural Resource Management (JANRM), with the Print ISSN 2394-0786 published by Krishi Sanskriti Publications, New Delhi, in Vol.2, No.2, April-June, 2015.