Dr. B. Poongodi
Dr. B. Poongodi
Working as assistant professor in KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore where she handles Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Metrics and Analytics, Data Analysis, Managerial Economics, Research Methods and Business Avenues in Organic Agriculture courses. She has been into teaching for 19 years. She holds a BSc(Agri) degree from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore and graduated in 1998. She has post-graduated from Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (BSMED), Bharathiar University specializing in Marketing and Systems in 2001. She has completed doctorate from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in 2013 and holds an International Diploma in Agribusiness and post- harvest management from GIMI, Israel in 2016.
She has published books on Business Statistics, Rural Management – Marketing Perspectives and Managerial skills for Agri Entrepreneurs. She also has reviewed books for Rural Management programs of MGNCRE, Hyderabad. She has presented several papers in International and National conferences and organized capacity building programs, development programs and workshops. She is an avid researcher, and her areas of interest are Consumer Behaviour, Technology Adoption, Rural Economics, Natural Fibres, Heritage and GI products. She is the coordinator from KCTBS for Capacity Building Programmes for Agri incubates at TNAU.
- Involved in operational level planning for Marketing domain in alignment with the department goals.
- Developing curriculum for the proposed new programs by the Business school and re designing of marketing curriculum for the existing program
- Facilitating Foundation , Functional and General interest courses , Conduct Continuous Assessments for MBA Program
- Integrating with other departments and industry mentors for collaborative projects and consultancy.
- Actively involved in state, central government funded RPL programs for Handloom Weavers of Coimbatore and Erode districts.
Consumer Behaviour, Agribusiness, Branding and Promotion of GI goods, Promotion, Handloom, Rural Enterprise Development, Heritage Products, Branding Packaging & Labelling of Agriculture produces.
Research Focus Area
Technology Acceptance Model, Consumer Attitude and Purchase Intention, Socio Economic Profiling of Rural Communities, Ergonomics in Handloom Weaving, Natural Fibre Composites, Packaging for perishables
Project Supervisory Experience (Funded Projects)
- A GoI – DST – SEED sponsored project for the handloom weavers as a Co – Principal Investigator (INR 15.65 lakhs)
- GoI, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship PMKVY – RPL scheme for 435 handloom weavers as a RPL Facilitator (INR 5.45 laks)
- Management sponsored project on Revival of Traditional Designs, “The Ponnadai” (INR 1.45 laks)
- Consultant in “Project Jamakkalam” funded by MoC, Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Atmanirbhar Bharath Centre for Design (INR 12.5 lakhs)
- Tamil Nadu Skill Development Commission sponsored RPL programme for Jacquard Handloom Weavers as RPL Facilitator ( INR 0.45 laks)
- Consultancy offered to Technicon Services, Chennai in Visitors’ and Stall Owners’ Satisfaction Survey in Intec 2012 organised by Codissia.
- Successfully accomplished a consultancy work for the Channel partners of Wipro GE Health Care in estimating the Market Potential for the Medical Equipments since March 2013.
- A Market research consultancy on “Assessing HealthCare Market in Semi-Urban Coimbatore” was carried out for Ranjan Medicals Private Ltd., Coimbatore. ( Rs.24,950/-)
- Successfully accomplished a consultancy on “Facebook Marketing & Cost Sheet Preparation” for Amog Foods, a start-up company in Coimbatore (Rs.5000/-)
- Offered consultancy on Branding & Promotion for Kovai Kora Cotton Sarees funded by TamilNadu State Department of Handloom and Textiles, Coimbatore (Rs. 4,89,500/-)
- Facebook Marketing consultancy to Amog Foods, a Coimbatore based Food Entrepreneur
- Principal consultant in “Active Packaging for Horticulture Produces” sponsored by TVS Flexol Private Limited, Chennai (INR 1.85 laks)
- Published a paper titled “Coffee and Consumer Perception” in Journal of International Business Operations and Trade Policy, Volume2 Issue 2, along with Premkumar, B. published by ManTech Publications in 2018.
- Published a paper titled “Role of handloom Industry in Enhancing livelihood of weavers” in the Colourage Magazine, in September 2017 issue; jointly authored with the KCT- DST-SEED Project Team.
- Published a paper titled “Growing Agribusiness MSME s in Urban Coimbatore” in the International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematicsin 2018, Issue Volume 119 No. 17 2018, 2025-2034 jointly authored with C.Velmurugan, Monisha Gangasri and Lakshanakamali S.P.
- Published a paper titled “A STUDY OF LONG TERM ORIENTATION ON SUPPLIER – RETAILER RELATIONSHIP IN BEVERAGES INDUSTRY” in the International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics in 2018, Issue Volume 119 No. 17 , 2437-2448, jointly authored with U.Vinoth Kumar and Dr.J.Vijay Prakash
- Published a paper titled “An Experimental study on the wear properties of Aluminium Hybrid – An experimental study on the wear properties of Aluminium Hybrid Composites” in the International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD) ISSN(P): 2249-6890; ISSN(E): 2249-8001 Vol. 8, Special Issue 7, Oct 2018, 453-460 jointly with Velmurugan C., et al.
- Published an article titled “A study on Agribusiness MSMEs in the Western Zone of TamilNadu” in 13th Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship Book with ISBN 9789386578402, Volume II, P.No. 1202 along with Pavithra M. et al. Book edited by Sasi Misra , Sunil Shukla and Ganapathi Batthini published by EDII, Ahmedabad, Feb 2019.
- Published an article titled " Digital Interventions and Technology Adoption among Paddy Farmers in Tamilnadu" in the Indian Journal of Rural Education and Engagement published by Mahatma Gandhi National Council for Rural Education, Ministry of Higher Education with ISBN 978-9389431-40-7, Volume 7, September 2020.
- Published article " Kenaf – A ‘promising way into sustainable Textiles Environment Development of Kenaf-Ctoon Blended Yarn and Fabrics for Sustainable Textiles" in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume 8, Issue 4, April 2021, S.No: 984 . IRJET is an open access, peer reviewed, multidisciplinary journal with an impact factor of 7.529 and is indexed in Google scholar, academia.edu .
- Published an article " Entrepreneurial Pursuits of Weavers in Low Resource Handloom Industry" in Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry Volume 12, Issue 6, June 2021, pp 1166 – 1181 . The Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry (TOJQI) is an open access, peer-reviewed, international e-journal in scope of educational and social sciences with the E-ISSN 13096591
- Published an article titled " Digital Transformation in Retailing: Proximity Marketing – Influences on Customer Engagement" in NVEO – Natural Volatiles and Essential Oils journal in Q3, Volume 8, Issue 4, 2021, pp 14845 – 14867 . NVEO is an open access, scopus indexed journal bearing ISSN 2148-9637
- Developed a digital marketing case titled "Organic Search – Will that work for a startup firm?"; published in a book titled "Compendium of Management Case studies" with ISBN 978-93-93229-43-4 published by Clever fox publishers as 2021 edition. Course : Marketing Metrics
- Developed a case study titled “The Triumphant Trio – The case of Supernative”, in Chapter 21 for the book Managing Business In VUCA World – Cases and Experiences edited by Dr.Kunal Gaurav et al and published by Excel India Publishers, New Delhi in September 2017 with ISBN 978-93-86724-02-1. The case lingers on the concepts of marketing mix, segmenting, point of parity and point of difference. The case writing was supported and approved by Mr.Mukesh Dev, Mr.Pankaj Arora and Mr.Jothi Francis Xavier of DAXXAD Ventures Private Limited. Course : Marketing Management
- Developed a case on “Store, Shopping and Sports” that can be used to teach Marketing Management Course. This case was presented in Sona Business Case Conference held in 2017.
- Presented a paper on "Digital transformation in Retails: Influences in Customer Engagement and Loyalty" at 12th – North American Society for Marketing Education Conference at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai on 20-21 December, 2018 organised by Kotler-Srinivasan Center for Research in Marketing.
- Presented a paper titled, "Kenaf – A promising way into Sustainable Textile Business and Environment " in the technical Session on Industrial and Textile Application of Natural Fibres & Residues in the National Conference on "Value Addition to Crop Residues of Natural Fibres" held on 4th December 2019 at Indian Council of Agricultural Research – Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology, Mumbai.
- Presented a paper titled, " An empirical study on improving productivity and economics using linen waste blended with cotton for Handloom Weavers " in the Functional Textiles Conference – “Sustainable Textiles” technical session III – held on 9th February 2020 in the International Conference at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper on " Entrepreneurial pursuits of Weavers in low resource handloom industry" in the 14th Biennial Conference organised by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad, India online mode from 25 – 27 February 2021.
Heading the business development in The Centre for Weavers, Kumaraguru Institutions
- Department NAAC Criteria 3 coordinator, Department NIRF Coordinator
- Chaired a session on "Internet Marketing" at the 12th – North American Society for Marketing Education Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai on 21 December, 2018.
- Resource person for guest lectures / workshops / seminars on “Agricultural Economy of India”, “Demand Forecasting”, “Statistical Analysis using SPSS” , Multivariate Analysis using SPSS”, Executive Development Programmes, MDP programmes, etc.
- Source and review articles for Kisan World, The Journal for Agriculture and Rural Development since 2014 and Innovative Publications since 2017
- Visiting Faculty “Marketing Management”, for TNAU- ARM – MBA students during the III Trimester from December 2017 to March 2018
- Expert Faculty at MGNCRE, Hyderabad
- Completed a collaborative research work with Reliance Foundation entitled “ Penetration of Voice Message Services among the Paddy Farmers in TamilNadu”
Staff Development Record
- Top performer in the academic year 2019-20 at KCT Business School
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member Coimbatore Management Association
- Representative Member of KCT in Crafts Council of India
- Actively participated and involved in Unnath Bharath Abhiyan (UBA) rural development activities in the adopted village.
- Organised tree planting, photo contest on nature as part of the OISCA International NGO
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognised with Meritorius Societal Innovation award by GoI, Ministry of Science and Technology, NRDC in 2019
- Recognised as Best Societal Researcher by KCT, Coimbatore and Best Researcher in Rural Marketing by ICBM-SBE, Hyderabad
- Patent on “Low Weight Modified Jacquard” published in July 2021.
- Rashtrapathi (President ‘s) Awardee / Rajyapuraskar (Governor’s) Awardee in Bharath Scouts and Guides Movement
- School First in SSLC Mathematics