E-Mail ID: [email protected]
Working as Professor in KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore where he teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Production Planning and Control, Business Process Reengineering and into teaching for the past 20 years. He has graduated from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore with BE in Mechanical Engineering and MBA. He has completed Doctorate from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai in the year 2013.
He has presented many papers in International and National conferences and organized many seminars and workshops. His subject areas of interest are Supply Chain Management and Production Planning and Control.
- Actively involved in budget projection, human and physical resource planning.
- Integrating the operations department with the business school and with external stakeholders.
- Managing staff and establishing a professional and positive staff climate.
- Appraising staff and providing inputs for their professional development.
- Ensuring the quality of the operations center in the business school.
Applications of Digital Techniques for Productivity Improvement.
Research Focus Area
Supply Chain Management, Productivity Improvement
- Coordinator of the MDP on ‘Optimising Productivity through Lean Six Sigma’ conducted for industry executives in association with Juran Academy on December 10 & 11, 2014 at KCT Business School
- Coordinator of the Workshop on ‘Advancements in Supply Chain Management’ conducted for industry executives in association with Confederation of Indian Industry, Chennai on March 25,2015 at KCT Business School
- Coordinator of the MDP on ‘Implementation of Lean Tools’ conducted for industry executives in association with Juran Academy on March 08 & 09,2017 at KCT Business School
- Coordinator of the MDP on ‘Elements & Applications of Industry 4.0’ conducted for industry executives in association with NIQR, Chennai on April 28, 2018, at KCT Business School
- Vinayagasundaram R, Kannan V- ‘A Study on Productivity Improvement using Lean concepts in the despatch section of a Glass Manufacturing Plant’ published in the Special Issue on Modern Management Practices of the Journal of Management and Science, Issue XII, Volume III, April 2013 (ISSN:2249 – 1260)
- Vinayagasundaram R, Kannan V – ‘Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Practices and its Impact on Productivity in Coimbatore Foundries’ published in the International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 5, May 2015, pages 62-69 (ISSN:2249-6645 & Impact factor 1.227 by AQCJ and IC value 5.09 by Index Copernicus)
- Kannan V – ‘A Study on Manufacturing Process Improvement in a Foundry based at Coimbatore’ published in the Annamalai Journal of Management, Special Issue, October 2015, pages 20-27 (ISSN: 0974 – 0406)
- Kannan V – ‘A Study on Optimisation of Master Health Checkup Process at a Multi- speciality Hospital in Coimbatore’ published by Elsevier in the Scopus Indexed Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Special Issue 14 – Volume 9, 2017 – page numbers 1113 – 1125 with ISSN number 1943- 023X
- Kannan V, Sangeetha P- ‘A Study on Minimising Rejection in a Model Grinding Cell’ published in the Scopus Indexed International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Issue – 6, Volume 9, December 2019 – page numbers 335 – 346 with ISSN number 2249-6890
- Kannan V, Sangeetha P – ‘Content Based Image Retrieval (CBIR) for Storing of Products’ published in the Scopus Indexed Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education, Volume 12, Issue 4, April 2021 – page numbers 277 – 281 with e – ISSN 1309 – 4653
- Kannan V – ‘Aggregate Planning for a Cement Manufacturing Company’ – Journal of Applied Management Research – Volume 5: Issue 2 – July 2017 – page numbers 77 – 80 with ISSN number 2319 -1228
- 6th International Conference on Banking, Finance, Business & Technology for Sustaining Economic Development in Global Markets conducted by Sairam Institute of Management Studies, Chennai – ‘A Study on Manufacturing Process Improvement in a Foundry based at Coimbatore’ which has been adjudged as the Best Research Paper – 2015
- International Conference on Science, Technology and Engineering Promotion organised by Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore – ‘A Study on Optimisation of Master Health Checkup Process at a Multi-Specialty Hospital in Coimbatore’ – 2017
- Third International Conference on Advances in Industrial Engineering Applications organised by Anna University, Chennai – ‘A Study on Application of Lean Six Sigma Techniques to Optimise the Assembly Process for a Pump Manufacturing Unit in Coimbatore’ – 2018