Dr. Kannan V
V. Kannan,BE (Mech.),MBA, Ph.D, Professor, Operations Management, has over a decade of entrepreneurial experience besides working in industries of repute such as Pricol, Coimbatore and Grindwell Norton, Bangalore in the product development area. In the realm of academics, he has a decade of teaching experience handling subjects like Operations Management, Advanced Production Management, Supply Chain Management and Business Process Reengineering at renowned management institutes.
At KCT Business School, he handles subjects like Operations Management, Technology Management, and Business Process Reengineering. He is the centre head for the operations centre which aims to establish a firm foundation with the industry. Certification courses in Lean Six Sigma that aims at broadening the outlook and skill sets of students are conducted through the centre.
The operations forum activities are conducted regularly through the operations centre. The forum organises a huge portfolio of events for the benefit of students like lean and inspection games, inventory games, technical quizzes and simulation games to name a few based on the emerging paradigms of operations management. Industry-institute interactions are facilitated through regular industrial visits, guest lectures and workshops which provide the students an opportunity to observe and learn modern manufacturing systems being followed by industry leaders.
Research Focus Areas
- Industrial Buying Behaviour
- Supply Chain Management.
Contribution in Journals
- Authored an article entitled ‘A Study on the Consumer Perception for Branded Fuels with special reference to Xtrapremium Petrol of Indian Oil Corporation Limited in Coimbatore City’ published in Srusti Management Review Journal, Volume V, Issue I, January 2012 (ISSN:0974 – 4274).
- Published a paper titled “A study on Productivity Improvement using Lean concepts in the despatch section of a glass manufacturing plant”, in the Special Issue on Modern Management Practices of the Journal of Management and Science, Issue XII, Volume III, April 2013, ISSN 2249-1260.
- Published an article entitled ‘Strategies to be adopted to mitigate the impact of crude oil prices on the common man’ in the conference proceedings (ISBN: 978-81-8371-290-3) of the National Seminar on Strategic Issues in Business conducted by Annamalai University, Annamalainagar on June 11th, 2010.
- Authored the research paper entitled ‘A Study on Optimisation of Master Health Checkup Process at a Multi- speciality Hospital in Coimbatore’ published by Elsevier in the Scopus Indexed Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Special Issue 14 – Volume 9, 2017 – page numbers 1113 – 1125 with ISSN number 1943- 023X
- Authored the research paper entitled ‘A Study on Minimising Rejection in a Model Grinding Cell’ published in the Scopus Indexed International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Issue – 6, Volume 9, December 2019 – page numbers 335 – 346 with ISSN number 2249-6890