|Block||No of Rooms||Capacity|
|Block||No of Rooms||Capacity|
Addition to basic infrastructure facilities, we provide the following additional facilities.
- Study Room
- TV HALL
- KRAFT (GYM)
- K’s CAFÉ
- Common self-ironing facility (Ladies Hostel)
- Hot/Cold water Dispenser – in all Blocks
- Indoor Games
- Arul Jothi Medical Centre
- Solar Heater and Tanks
- Recreation Rooms
- Surveillance Cameras
Food will be served at the following timings:
- Breakfast: 7.00 am to 8.30 am
- Lunch : 11.30 am to 01.30 pm
- Tea : 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Dinner : 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm
Mess timing can be extended only during functions/occasions and special requests from clubs, NCC, sports etc.
- Hostel timings will be strictly adhered to.
- First-Year students will be permitted for outing only on holidays. The holiday outing timing will be 07.00 am to 08.30 pm. For Girl students only on Sundays, the timing will be from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.
- For boy students other than first years, holiday and weekdays outing will be permitted. (Timing: weekdays- 05.00 pm to 09.00 pm & holidays- 07.00 am to 08.30 pm). For girl students outing only on Sundays. (Timing: 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.)
- Late entry into the hostels will be monitored. Frequent latecomers will be referred to the Disciplinary Committee and their recommendation will be implemented which may include hostel admission not being provided for such students during subsequent academic years.
- The students leaving for an outing shall make required entries in the appropriate register before leaving / entering the hostel campus.
The students should be decently dressed when they are out of rooms.
- All the hostel residents shall wear their ID cards during entry/exit into/from the hostels.
- The college ID cards shall be produced to any authorities during entry/exit into/from the hostels, if requested.
- The student should promptly report loss/damage of ID card by sending an email to [email protected] and get a replacement.
Alcohol / Drugs / Smoking: Students must not bring, take and/or drink any alcohol/ intoxicating drink, drug, or substance of any kind whatsoever and/or smoke in the room and/or any part of the college campus including hostel premises.
Ragging in any form is BANNED. Being a silent spectator and not reporting/stopping others indulging in ragging is also an offence and will invite similar disciplinary action. Accepting/undergoing ragging and not reporting is also an offence.
Students should not arrange any functions or meeting within the hostel or outside or within the campus without specific permission of the Chief Warden/ Hostel Operations/ Hostel Student Relations.
Residents should not participate in any MLM/E-Business or involve in any of the banned activities in or outside the campus.
Any student who is found to be indulging in undesirable activities such as ragging, physical assault, damage to property, causing inconvenience to other inmates, anti-national, anti-social activities, non-compliance of any of the conduct rules, or violation of any other rules defined in the hostel / college manual will be referred to the disciplinary committee and may be expelled from the hostel.
Fee structure will be communicated through KiTE Announcements.
Hostel Related Issues / Queries:
Dr. Vijilesh – 9487700834 – [email protected]
Mr Boobal A – 9894300485 – [email protected]
Mr Nethaji Subash M – 9787944794 – [email protected]
Ms. Meera – 9487700997 – [email protected]
WhatsApp Helpline for Hostel Issues / Queries – 98-4180-4180
Mess related Issues / Queries:
Mr. Rathinavelu – Mess Manager – 86677 20006- [email protected]
All sort of leave can be availed only through KCT Hostel App during academic or non-academic hours.
Girls – Through mentor approved by HOD, Parents, Hostel Officer
Boys – Through mentor approved by HOD, Parents
Girls – Parents, Hostel Officer
Boys – Parents, Hostel Officer
Girls – Parents, Hostel Officer
Boys – Parents, Hostel Officer
Girls – Faculty In charge, Parents, Hostel Officer
Boys – Faculty In charge, Parents, Hostel Officer
- 09.00 am to 11.00 am (First service)
- 02.00 pm to 03.00 pm (Second service)
- 04:30 pm to 05:30pm (Third Service)
Ambulance facility can be availed from the college campus to hospital in case of emergency medical help.
- The ambulance will only ply between the nearest relevant hospital and campus.
- The ambulance will stay back at the hospital for a maximum of 2 hours only. However, the decision to extend can be taken in consultation with the concerned authorities.
- The ambulance can be used to transfer the student from one hospital to another as may be needed.
- The driver shall communicate the whereabouts and the need for the ambulance to stay back or commute to other hospitals to the Transport Officer. The transport officer can decide based on the situation and inform to the higher authorities as per the decision.
- The ambulance shall continue to assist the student unless an alternate decision is made.
- The ambulance is an essential service and needs to be made available during the time of emergencies and hence will be made available only to transport students who may be reported for the following conditions:
- High fever
- Bleeding Injury
- Bites (insects, Snake, Dog etc)
- Any other as advised by the Doctor in campus
- The ambulance will not be made available for routine check-ups.
- The ambulance will not be permitted to be used to pickup/drop anybody unless the attendant happens to be on the route to the hospital/campus.
- The student shall be accompanied by Caretaker / Resident Tutor / Faculty / Staff or Student friend. (Maximum of 3 people shall only accompany)
- The ambulance shall be permitted to travel anywhere inside the campus based on the need. The security shall ensure that the movement of the ambulance is not restricted.
- The security shall open any entry/exit gates inside the campus to ensure speedy transport of the student to the nearby hospital.
- The Transport Department shall train their drivers periodically about all locations and routes inside the campus, all possible short routes to the relevant hospitals, being in ready to move status (24×7), basic first aid trained, etc
- The ambulance shall be used by contacting the mobile number 9487700820.
- For any complaints, suggestions or queries the contact numbers are 9841804180 or 9487700834
The list of hospitals that may be visited are:
- Kovai Medical Centre and Hospital (KMCH)
- Sri Ramakrishna Hospital
- GKNM Hospital
- PSG Hospital
- Coimbatore Medical College Hospital (CMCH)
- Ganga Hospital
- Kumaran Hospital
- Geethasri Hospital
- Vimal Jothi Hospital
- CRI Hospital
- Siva Hospital
- KG Hospital
Profile updation in Smart Hostel App can be done with the help of Hostel Officer with consent from the parents.
Students can get all necessary things required for hostel accommodation and other requirements at K-Mart which is operated opposite to F-Block.
Permission letter approved by OSA, with fee payment receipt can be handed over to Hostel Officer through Deputy Chief Warden.
Care takers can be changed on a need basis or rotation basis.
Hostel committee meetings will be conducted usually on first Wednesday of every month for Boys Hostel and on first Thursday of every month for Ladies Hostel. Information will be passed through MS-Teams Hostel Channel, Residential Tutors/ Care Takers/ Student Block and Floor representatives. Anybody can participate and give your suggestions.
- For girls: 8.30 pm to 11 pm
- Students shall wait near the ladies’ hostel security gate around 8.30 pm. Girls will be accompanied by RTs/CTs to the library.
- For Boys: No restricted timings. Any timings till 11 pm
By sending a request email to Deputy Chief Warden or Hostel Administration team.
5.00 am to 7.30 am daily. It can be extended only based on availability of hot water.
- It shall be with prior written permission of the Deputy Chief Warden/Hostel Officer.
- It shall be held in a common place for one hour between 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
- There shall not be any kind of physical abuse and shall be celebrated in a decent manner.
- No outside guests will be allowed.
- Violation of the rule shall be penalized.
For valid reasons and with mutual consent of hostel inmates, the room can be changed. A request letter must be submitted to Deputy Chief Warden and Hostel Officer. However, it’s not applicable for first year inmates.
All E-mail Communication regarding hostel will be sent to the official e-mail IDs of students. Parcels /Letters addressed to hostel can be collected in Hostel office.
The students can contact Caretaker & Hostel Officer in person or by mail regarding the provision.
For one day – Rs.400/-
For one week – Rs.2500/-
For two weeks – Rs.4500/-
For one month – Rs.9000/-
The above tariff includes food. The accommodation is based on approval from the Hostel administration team submitted through the hostel office. The hostel administration team reserves the right to admission/approval.
The mess operates on No Refund Policy. However, when a student leaves for internship for a minimum period of 3 months then the mess refund is done. The following documents needs to be submitted for this purpose:
- The request email for vacating the hostel for internship shall be duly forwarded by the mentor and recommended by the HOD. The proof of internship shall be attached.
- The student shall be refunded only based on vacating the hostel. (The ID card shall be promptly changed from hostel to day-scholar)
- Such a student can stay in the hostel during project reviews by paying for the food charges of Rs.400/- per day after getting prior permission from Hostels operations or Deputy Chief Warden. (This shall be done either by a written request or through email or through MS Teams)
No. Cooking is not allowed in the hostel premises.
No such facility at present. Shall be considered in future.
It will be taken care by respective block Care Takers and Hostel Officers. In case of no response from the team, you may escalate it to facility managers. (9487700836)
- Hygienic, Delicious, and Nutritious food
- Mineral water, Hot Water for Bathing
- Safety and Security
- Pleasant Atmosphere
- Residential Tutors
Proposed timings for delivery of food:
- Boys Hostel Residents – until 8.45 pm by our college students who can collect from both the gates and use the “campus dining” area for having food and dispose it properly.
- Ladies Hostel Residents – until 8.45 pm by our college students who can collect from delivery person ladies’ hostel entrance and use the “Old Mess” area for having food and dispose it properly.
Yes. As the need may be the baggage that is taken into and out of the hostels/campus is subject to checking/Screening. All the students are expected to cooperate.
- Residents who wish to vacate the hostel are to meet the Caretaker and Hostel Officer to start with the formalities.
- Permission of the parents and HODs along with certain documentation is mandatory.
- A student will have to vacate the hostel within five days of completion of her/his examination or any such academic requirement whichever is later.
- Any extra day will be charged as per norms and for such extra days, prior permission from the Principal/ Hostel Operations is required.
- ● Permission email approved by Hostels operations through Chief Warden should be obtained and the same to be submitted to the Caretaker.
- ● Process: Mentor->HOD->OSA-> Hostel Administration-> Caretaker
Permission letter/mail from concerned staff in charge approved by OSA / Deputy Chief Warden/ Hostel Officer.
The students can meet their parents/guardians in the stipulated locations near the hostel gate (M-Gateway or W-Gateway) on working days between 05.00 pm and 08.00 pm and on non-working days from 07.00 am and 05.00 pm. The Parents/Guardians can also take the hostel students for outing based on prior permission from the Deputy Chief Warden / Hostel Administration on non-working days.