Dr. SN. Vivek Raj
Assistant Professor II, CENTRE OF ANALYTICS
Dr. SN. Vivek Raj specializes in Analytics discipline and has experience both in academic and corporate environment. He is highly meritorious and has displayed distinctive performance not only in curricular but also in co-curricular activities. He believes in continuous learning and has been doing a lot of professional certifications throughout his illustrious career. He has received many awards and achievements from various institutions and is a National level Topper in five courses conducted by various IIT’s in NPTEL platform. He has been presented with best student in co-curricular category and all-rounder award during his under graduation. He has also qualified in UGC-NET eligibility test for Assistant Professor. He has also presented in many reputed journal and conferences which includes Scopus indexed articles .
- Coordinator Centre of Analytics – KCTBS
- Coordinator Value Added Courses
- Analytics Track Coordinator
- Instrumental in implementing Kite ERP in KCT Business School
- R Programming for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Data Analytics
Research Focus Area/s:
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
- Technology Adoption
- Learning Analytics
- Awarded ‘A’ grade for Successful completion of Business Analytics course from IMS Proschool endorsed by National Skill Development Corporation and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India on March 2017.
- Successfully completed NCFM certification (advanced) in ‘Business Analytics’ on May 2017.
- Completed Google Analytics Individual Qualification Valid till 2nd June 2021.
- Completed Advanced Google Analytics course offered by Google Analytics Academy valid till 30th May 2023.
- Completed the course Processing Text with R Essential Training offered by LinkedIn Learning.
- Completed the course Text Analytics and Predictions with R Essential Training offered by LinkedIn Learning.
Faculty Development Programs Attended/ Organised
- Organised a Five Day Faculty Development Programme, “Applications of Data Analytics in Business” from 1/7/2020 to 5/7/2020.
- Organised a Management Development Programme, “PRACTICAL DATASCIENCE USING TABLEAU” from 04.01.2021 to 10.01.2021.
- Organised a Online Hands on Workshop on, “ Introduction to Business Intelligence using Tableau “ from 19.04.2021 to 24.04.2021
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Machine Learning with Business Applications” on 20-25May, 2019 organized by Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Completed Faculty Development program on “Introduction to Learning Analytics” approved by AICTE on August to September 2019.
- Completed a 1.5 Weeks Faculty Development Programmed on “ Learning analytics Tools “ offered by IIT Bombay offered through NPTEL Platform and approved AICTE from September to December 2020 .
- Completed half a week FDP Program, “Business analytics and Data Mining Modeling using R -PART II” conducted by NPTEL & IIT Roorke and approved by AICTE from September – October 2020.
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Business Solutions” on 20th September 2019 organized by SRMIST, Kattankulathur.
- Successfully completed and qualified the exam of One Week STTP on Teaching and learning pedagogy (online mode) from 18 May, 2020 to 22 May, 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI).
- Successfully completed Three Days Online Research Methodology Workshop and qualified the exam from 12 April, 2020 to 14 April, 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI).
- Attended a two day orientation program on “Teaching Methodologies” conducted by Jerusalem College of Engineering on 30.06.2014 and 01.07.2014.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme , “Data Science For All “ conducted by Electronics & ICT Academies-NIT-Warangal, IIITDM-Jabalpur & NIT-Patna from 27/7/2020 to 08/08/2020.
- "Predicting employee turnover intention in IT&ITeS industry using machine learning algorithms," 2020 Fourth International Conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC), 2020, pp. 508-513, doi: 10.1109/I-SMAC49090.2020.9243552.
- Modelling A Machine Learning Classifier For Predicting Student’s Entrepreneurial Intentions Indian Journal Of Computer Science And Engineering, 2021, JUNE, 10.21817/indjcse/2021/v12i3/211203087
- “Predicting Telecom Customer’s Switch Over Intentions Using Machine Learning Algorithms” Springer – Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2021,october 1408 Edition -1, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5157-1_47.
- "A Study on Predicting Customer Willingness to Order Food Online During Covid-19 Pandemic Using Machine Learning Algorithms," 2021 4th International Conference on Computing and Communications Technologies (ICCCT), 2021, pp. 236-241, doi: 10.1109/ICCCT53315.2021.9711904 .
- Machine Learning Models for Predicting Customer Willingness to Buy Electric Vehicles, Proceedings of ICCMDE2021, Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies.
- Published “An Empirical Study on Students Perception Towards Entrepreneurship with Special Reference to Chittoor District, Andrapradesh, India.” In UGC Listed Journal, Suraj Punj Journal For Multidisciplinary Research, Vol8 issue 7.July2018, ISSN NO: 2394-2886
- Published “A Theoretical Overview of Prospective Applications of Business Analytics in Electronic Commerce” in Journal of Exclusive Management Science – April 2018 – Vol 7 Issue 04 – ISSN 2277-5684.
- Published “Applications of Business Intelligence in e –Commerce Websites – A Theoretical Overview of Data Warehouse Schema Design & Usage” in The International Journal Of Business & Management , Vol 3 Issue 12 December, 2015, 8-11,ISSN: 2321–8916
- Published a “BOOK REVIEW: The Underage CEOs: Fascinating Stories of Young Indians who have Become CEOs in their Twenties”, Asian journal of Management Sciences, 04(13), 2015, 30-31, ISSN: 2348-0351
Papers Presented in International Conferences:
- Presented a paper titled, "Predicting employee turnover intention in IT&ITeS industry using machine learning algorithms," 2020 Fourth International Conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC), 2020, pp. 508-513, doi: 10.1109/I-SMAC49090.2020.9243552.
- Presented A Paper Titled, “PREDICTING TELECOM CUSTOMER’S SWITCH OVER INTENTIONS USING MACHINE LEARNING ALGORITHMS at "International Conference on Sentimental Analysis and Deep Learning" organized by Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand & Tribhuvan University, Nepal.June 2021 .
- Presented A Paper Titled , "A Study On Predicting Customer Willingness To Order Food Online During Covid-19 Pandemic Using Machine Learning Algorithms" in 4th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES ( ICCCT’ 21), SRI SAI RAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE- CHENNAI, December 2021.
- Presented a Paper Titled, “Machine Learning Models for Predicting Customer Willingness to Buy Electric Vehicles”, in International Conference on Computational Methods and Data Engineering (ICCMDE 2021), Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, November 2021.
Paper Presentations in National Conferences:
- Presented, “Modeling Logistic Regression based classifier for predicting student’s entrepreneurial intentions” in the Research Day held on 28th February 2019 at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Tamilnadu.
- Presented a poster titled, “A Study on Predictive Modeling for Students’ Progression Monitoring using supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms” in Dr. Paarivendhar Research Colloquium 2019 held on 23rd to 25th September 2019, at SRMIST, Kattankulathur, Tamilnadu.
- Presented, “Sentimental Analysis of Work from Home Tweets “ in two day virtual national conference(27th & 28th April 2021) on , “ Transformation of Technology in Higher Education “ organized by School of Commerce and Business Management , Central University of Tamilnadu Jointly with central university of Jharkhand , Ranchi and SRM institute of science and technology Chennai.
Awards and Recognitions
- Secured All India Rank No.1 in Introduction to Learning Analytics course conducted by NPTEL & IIT Bombay from August to September 2019.
- Secured All India Rank No.1 & Gold category certification in Systems Engineering and Design course conducted by NPTEL & IIT Kanpur from Feb-March 2018.
- Top 1 percentile in ‘Business Analytics for Management decision’ course conducted by NPTEL & IIT Kharagpur from Jan-April 2018.
- Topper in the Course, “Business analytics and Data Mining Modeling using R -PART II” conducted by NPTEL & IIT Roorke from September – October 2020.
- Topper and Gold Category Certification in, “Business analytics and Data Mining Modeling using R” conducted by NPTEL and IIT Roorke From January – April 2020.
- Completed Online Certification Course with silver category certification , “ Learning Analytics Tools “ offered by NPTEL and IIT Bombay from September to December 2020
- Secured ‘Best outgoing’ student award in co-curricular achievements category and ‘All-rounder’ award for extraordinary performances in curricular and co-curricular activities during undergraduate.
- Resource Person for Management Development Program, “Machine Learning for value addition” organized by SRMIST, Ramapuram campus on 23rd February 2019.
- Resource Person for the expert session , “ Analytics for All-Demystifying Data Science” held by Kumaraguru College of Liberal Arts and Science held on 21/08/2020
- Resource Person for the Topic , “ Moving Towards Smart Agriculture Technologies – Ways Forward Post Covid-19 Pandemic “ for the capacity building program organized by TBI- ABIS, TNAU Coimbatore.
- Recipient of Best Faculty – co-curricular activities award conferred by Kumaraguru college of Technology at Teacher Day celebrations held on 05.09.2021.