Dr.Priyatej Murthy K
Designation: Associate Professor
E-Mail ID: [email protected]
Priyatej Murthy Kotipalli holds a Ph.D. in Cultural Economics from Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. His research interest is in the economics of the Intangibles of culture and focuses on entrepreneurship in the creative and knowledge economy. He has served on the board of various cultural / social organizations in India, Netherlands, and Italy as well as a short-term consultant for the World Bank. He is also a member of the crafts council of Telangana. He also is associated with The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad as an Adjunct faculty in M.Tech Product Design and Management (PDM) program and also lectures at NID Ahmedabad. Before joining KCT, he was working at the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Mahindra University , Hyderabad as an assistant professor rnHe has recently published an edited volume titled: A cultural economic analysis of craftrnhttps://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030021634
Research Achievements and Activities
Teaching, Research and Administration
• 3 /08/2020 – 31/01/2022 – Assistant professor , Center for entrepreneurship and Innovation, Mahindra University, Hyderabad India
• 1/04/2011 – 1/04/2017, Program Director, Center for Research in Arts and Economics Zwolle, The Netherlands
• 1/ 04 /2012 – 1/07/2012, Docent ESHCC, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
• 1/06/2012 – 1/12/2014, Researcher, Sticthting Economie en Cultuur ,Hilversum, The Netherlands
• 1/02/2008 – 1/03/2011, Sr. Lecturer ITM – IHM Mumbai, India
Consulting, Advisory and Board Positions
• 5/ 04/2016 – Present, Secretary, Center for New Perspectives, New Delhi, India
• 31/05/2015 – 30/06/2015, STC, World Bank, New Delhi, India
• 1/10/2015 – 1/10/2017, Advisory Board Member, Snodi , Turin, Italy
• 1/10/2014 – 1/12/2018, Secretary, Stitching Music en Beyond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
• 25/09/2013 – 1/04/2014, Advisor, ENVIU, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Workshops, master classes and public lectures
• 22 /03/2011 Workshop: Symposium financing the arts Rotterdam the Netherlands: Part of the core team in organizing a worship to collect ideas for creative financing of the arts in the European context. The workshop resulted in the publication of a book titled “pak aan”.
• 04/04/2011- 14/04/2011 Workshop: Value of Culture, Collaborative program, Jinja, Uganda: Part of the core teaching team that organized and delivered this eleven-day intensive program for west Africa.
• 01/08/2012 – 05/08/2012 Workshop (Five days): Value of Culture, Amsterdam (Cultural Industries and Creative economy), The Netherland: Part of the core teaching team to deliver this program.
• 01/09/2012 -05/08/2012 Workshop (Five days): Value of Culture, Amsterdam (Cultural Heritage and Museums), The Netherlands. part of the core teaching team to deliver this program.
• 22/11/2012 – 23/11/2012 Workshop (Two days): Public, Private Partnership in Mutual Heritage, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Part of the expert group that worked with various heritage organizations to come up with innovative new plans for public private partnerships working towards the Dutch government’s policy for Mutual heritage in Sri Lanka.
• 15/12/2012 – 19/12.2012 Workshop: Value of Culture, Collaborative program, Mumbai, India. Principle team member in organizing and delivering first of its kind program for cultural economics in South Asia with the Mohile Parekh Center.
• 20/08/2013 – 24/08/2013 Workshop: Value of Culture, Amsterdam, Part of the core teaching team to deliver this program.
• 13/02/2014 Masters Class (1 day): The Economics of Heritage: Design, innovation and crafts resource center, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India. Delivered a one-day research seminar to the master’s students of CEPT University
• 20/08/2014 – 24/08/2014 Workshop: Value of Culture, Amsterdam the Netherlands: Part of the core teaching team to deliver this program.
• 12/03/2015 lecture (1 day) Economics of Craft: National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India: Delivered a one-day research seminar to the Textile Deign Students of NID.
• 16/03/2015 Public Lecture: The Economics of Arts and Culture: Department of Fine Arts, M.S University, Vadodara, Gujrat, India
• 15/01/ 2016 – 19/01/2016: Masters course (5 days): National Institute of Design (NID), developed a five-credit elective course for the master’s students at NID and delivered the same as part of their Science and liberal arts program.
• 05/01/2016: Masters class: Art think South Asia, Value, Culture and Economics, Khoj , New Delhi , India
• 23/08/2016 – 27 /08/2016 Workshop: Value of Culture, Amsterdam, Part of the core teaching team to deliver this program
• 01/02/2018 – 02/02/2018 International Symposium, The values of craft: Crafts as Intangible Cultural heritage, panel discussion on policies for crafts : Are there common elements
• 04/03/2019 -15/03/2019, Module for Bachelors of Textiles students at National Institute of Design , Ahmadabad , India , Titled The economics of crafts : Business models and Utopias
• 21/06/2019, IIAS Lunch Lecture, Values of craft : The Indian Case , Leiden , The Netherlands
• 23/08/2019, Lecture and Book Launch, Values of craft : The Indian Case , Artisans , Mumbai , India
• 29/09/2019 – 30/09/2019 , Two day workshop , The economics of crafts : Business models and Utopias , School of Planning and Architecture , Bhopal, India
• 22/02/2021 – One day workshop , The economics of crafts : Business models and Utopias , School of Planning and Architecture , Bhopal, India
• 17/07/2021 – e-SYMPOSIUM on INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE for sustainable management of HISTORIC TOWNS in South Asia: Theory to Practice. Expert panel member session 4 under ‘Role of ICH in heritage economics of historic towns’.
• 30/09/2021 – Inaugural lecture at Centre for Research on Start-Ups and Risk Financing (CREST) ,IIT -Madras on Entrepreneurial competencies of founders and teams in the Indian start-up ecosystem