Designation: Assistant Professor 1
E-Mail ID: [email protected]
She has 15 years of experience in academics & worked in service sector for 2 years. She has completed her doctorate program and awarded with a doctorate degree recently (2019) by Bharathiar University. “Challenges and Implications of learning through Massive open online course (MOOC): A Consumer perspective in India” is the title of her PhD thesis. The study basically addresses the major issues faced in completing online courses and provides suitable strategies to overcome such issues. She handles Marketing and research papers.
Recently She has executed couple of industry sponsored project one for “The Chennai Silks”, on “Brand Association of Wedding Silk Garments. Assessing respondents store preference for wedding purchase and exploring customers brand association on various brand retail stores selling wedding clothes are the major objectives of this Marketing research assignment. She has executed another marketing research assignment for Sakthi Safety lockers, a service offered by Sakthifinance Financial Services Ltd. Assessing the Market Potential for Sakthi lockers at Vadavalli, estimating the market and brand penetration for locker services and understanding the customer perception towards locker services are the major objective of this assignment.
She has organized Management Development Program on “Neuromarketing” and hosted FDP on Marketing Analytics also organized and conducted soft skill training program for the various levels of employees at India Post between 2013 and 2018. Employees at various levels including ASP’s, IPO’s, Marketing staffs, front line executives and postmen have participated and benefited through this program. The training was conducted with the objective of equipping the participants to face the present market trend with more selling and customer relations techniques.
She is recognized as “Best Outstanding Performer” for the year 2014-2015 and as Best External Interface Researcher” for the academic year 2016-2017 by Kumaraguru College of Technology. she also has received best paper award for the Conference paper titled “A study on Assessing the factors influencing cognitive engagement with reference to learners” presented at the National seminar on Emerging Paradigms in Management Research – Gaining the edge conducted by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College. She also has served as a resource person for the series of session organized by TANU – DABD for Agriprenurs and facilitated many sessions in the field of marketing for industry participants and academicians.
She also has co-authored & published a book titled “Business statistics using Excel and presented published more than17+ research papers and case studies in National and International.
CURRICULUM REDESIGNING (2020 – 2021)
She is Presently invloved & taken incharge for coordinating curriculum development process. Designing porgram outcomes, Program educationl objectives, Identifying list of competenecies, performance indicators, appropriate assesment methods and pedagogy, revising course syllabus by coorinating with the faculty team is the list of major key ativities that she is engaged as a part of curriculum redesiging
PROJECT COORDINATION [2019, 2020 & 2021]
She also has taken in charge for driving industry immersion, corporate research, Internship, and business plan projects. Setting the guidelines to execute different types of project in online and offline mode, designing the report format, and assessment rubrics, orienting students on the execution of corporate research project, faculty and Industry guide coordination is the list of few activities associated with project coordination.
ANGADI [2019 & 2020]
She also has taken in charge for Coordinating large student trade fair “Angadi” for the past two years. Providing a platform to improve the business and entrepreneurial skills of the students by involving them in owning and managing the stall is the major objective of this event.
SUBJECTS HANDLED FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR (2020 – 2021)
Marketing Management, Digital Marketing, Brand Management & Retail Management are the list of subjects handled during the present academic year.
Research Focus Area/s:
Consumer Behavior, Brand Association, Market Potential
- K.SriRithi, 2N Subarna, 3PA.Latha, 4Dr.M.Balaj (2018), Challenges and Issues faced in buying and selling organic Products: Perspectives of Consumers and entrepreneurs, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- A. Latha,K, .MalarMathi,, B.Senthilkumar (2018), Does the MOOC course improve employable skills? consumer perspectives in India, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- A. Latha, M. 2Arun Cholarajan, 3Dr. S. Balasubramanian (2018), Factors Driving Effective Usage of Website: Consumer Perspectives, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- Mr.K.A.Pavan,2Dr.N.Nirmaladevi,3A.Latha,4Dr.VR.Muruganantham (2018),,Influence of Online Marketing Stimuli Strategy on Impulsive Buying Tendency(2018), International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- Jayavishnu Kumar, Latha. A (November 2017), “Flavoured Milk Drinks with reference to AROMA”, Kisan World, A Journal of Agricultural and Rural Development, Volume 44, Issue 12.
- Latha. A (July 2017), “Women: An Emerging Segment in Fitness Market”, Journal of Applied Management Research, Volume 5, Issue 2 [ISSN 2319 – 1228]
- Snegha, Latha A (2017), Determinance of factors influencing the Dealers Business Performance with reference to falcon Products, Journal of Marketing and sales Management, Volume 1(1)
- Ms. Latha. A, (2016) “Examining Sense of Community in Massive Open Online Courses in relation to Cognitive Engagement” in “Asian journal of Research in Social Science and Humanities”, Volume VI, Issue X ,2016
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), Factors influencing Successful completion of Massive Open Online Course, A synthesis of Literature, Global Journal for Research Analysis ,5(1),2016
- Rajasekaran P, Latha A (2016), The problems and Prospects of Small Tea Growers of the Nilgiris, Kisan World,43(12),2016
- Latha A, Hemajayakeerthana P (2016), “A Study on Consumer Behaviour towards fitness centre with reference to women segment”, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, 4(11),2016.
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), Examining the Influence of Course Learning Resources on Learner Engagement with Special Reference to Massive Open Online Courses, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review1(3),2016
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2017) Assessing The Factors Influencing Cognitive Engagement with Reference to Massive Open Online Course, International Journal of Contemporary Management, Theory and Practice
- Latha A, C. Karthikeyan (2014), A Study on Impact of Store Satisfaction, Merchandise Quality and Service Quality of Store-on-Store Loyalty with Reference to Mom & Me Store Anna Nagar, Global Journal for Research Analysis, [ISSN No 2277 – 8160, Impact factor: 1.5408) 3(5),2014
- A. Latha, “Loyalty card” HRD Times, Volume13(11) [ISSN No 09767401]
Chapter in Edited Book:
- Business Statistics, Trinity, An Imprint of Lakshmi Publications Private Limited [ISBN:978-93-86202-44-4]
- The essentials of Marketing, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
- Marketing Communication, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
- Contemporary practices in Marketing, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
Papers Presented in International Conferences:
- Latha. A, Malarmathi.K Role of Consumer background and Motivation on Academic Learning: An exploratory study on MOOC”, 5th International conference on Contemporary Issues in Agriculture, Engineering, Management, Information Technology and Life Sciences, Conducted by Nehru College of Management on 04.04.17
- Ditto K R, (March 2017) Latha. A, “Determinants of customer Adoption towards Mobile Wallet Payment System in India and other countries”, International conference on “India’s Foreign Policy Transformations Issues and Challenges” Conducted by School of Management studies, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode
- Latha. A, Mr. Aravinth Rajan R, Ms. Kowshika P, Ms. Nandhini S (October 2020), “Effects Of Lockdown During Covid19”, Two Day International Virtual Conference on Contemporary Practices of Technology and Management for Economic Growth Conducted by VIT Business School, Chennai.
Paper Presentations in National Conferences:
- . Sri Rithi, N. Subarna, Latha A (2017), “Consumer Buying Behaviour towards Organic Food” National conference on “Innovative approaches to Business Excellence – “ZENITH – 17” organized by Dr.SNS Raja Lakshmi College of Arts and Science.
- Latha. A, Malarmathi K (7th April 2017), “Exploring customer centric issues in MOOC – A symposium in Business case studies conducted by Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Latha. A (January 31st, 2014), “The exceptional way to engage online customers “National Conference proceedings on “Digital Marketing” organized by Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai on January 31, 2014, [ISBN No: 978-93-82338949], Pg. 29 – 31.
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), A study on Assessing the factors influencing cognitive engagement with reference to Massive Open Online Courses, National seminar on Emerging Paradigms in Management Research – Gaining the edge organized by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
- Chipi Chakkaravarthy.R, Gokul N ,and Dr.A.Latha, (2020), “A study on consumer preferences over the retail format during and post covid pandemic and adoption of digital technologies to meet the shopper’s expectations Virtual National Conference held on 12 March 2021 at School of Management Studies (SMS), Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.A