Dr. A. Latha
Assistant Professor I
Working as assistant professor in KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology Coimbatore. She handles Marketing Management, Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Data Analysis and Research Methods. She has 17 years of experience in academics & worked in service sector for 2 years. She has completed her doctorate program from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
She also has co-authored & published a book titled “Business statistics using Excel and presented published more than17+ research papers and case studies in National and International conference. She also has served as a resource person for the series of session organized by TANU – DABD for Agriprenurs and facilitated many sessions in the field of marketing for industry participants and academicians. She also has conducted soft skill training program for the various levels of employees at India Post between 2013 and 2018
- Conducting research on best practices and innovative teaching pedagogy to enhance learning
- Setting standard guidelines & Budget for curriculum development process
- Mentoring course facilitators and subject matter expert on identifying the gap analysis, setting objectives, outcomes and mapping each course with program outcomes and program educational outcomes
- Setting the guidelines & orienting students on executing major project
- Designing and conducting experiential learning activities for the students to improve the business and entrepreneurial skills
Consumer behavior in online education, Retail brand equity, Marketing of financial services.
Research Focus Area
Consumer Behavior, Brand association, Market Potential, Visual merchandising
- Successfully completed an industry sponsored project titled “Market study on brand association of “The Chennai Silks”. Assessing respondents store preference for wedding purchase and exploring customers brand association on various brand retail stores selling wedding clothes are the major objectives of this Marketing research assignment.
- Successfully completed another research assignment taken for Sakthi Safety lockers, a service offered by Sakthifinance Financial Services Ltd. Assessing the Market Potential for Sakthi lockers at Vadavalli, estimating the market and brand penetration for locker services and understanding the customer perception towards locker services are the major objective of this assignment.
- Conducted Management Development Program on “Neuromarketing” by associating with research firms and hosted FDP on Marketing Analytics
- Organized and conducted soft skill training program for the various levels of employees at India Post between 2013 and 2018. Employees at various levels including ASP’s, IPO’s, Marketing staffs, front line executives and postmen have participated and benefited through this program. The training was conducted with the objective of equipping the participants to face the present market trend with more selling and customer relations techniques.
- K.SriRithi, N Subarna, PA.Latha, 4Dr.M.Balaj (2018), Challenges and Issues faced in buying and selling organic Products: Perspectives of Consumers and entrepreneurs, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- A. Latha,K, .MalarMathi,, B.Senthilkumar (2018), Does the MOOC course improve employable skills? consumer perspectives in India, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- A. Latha, M. 2Arun Cholarajan, 3Dr. S. Balasubramanian (2018), Factors Driving Effective Usage of Website: Consumer Perspectives, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- Mr.K.A.Pavan,2Dr.N.Nirmaladevi,3A.Latha,4Dr.VR.Muruganantham (2018),,Influence of Online Marketing Stimuli Strategy on Impulsive Buying Tendency(2018), International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 17, 2495-2505
- Jayavishnu Kumar, Latha. A (November 2017), “Flavoured Milk Drinks with reference to AROMA”, Kisan World, A Journal of Agricultural and Rural Development, Volume 44, Issue 12.
- Latha. A (July 2017), “Women: An Emerging Segment in Fitness Market”, Journal of Applied Management Research, Volume 5, Issue 2 [ISSN 2319 – 1228]
- Snegha, Latha A (2017), Determinance of factors influencing the Dealers Business Performance with reference to falcon Products, Journal of Marketing and sales Management, Volume 1(1)
- Ms. Latha. A, (2016) “Examining Sense of Community in Massive Open Online Courses in relation to Cognitive Engagement” in “Asian journal of Research in Social Science and Humanities”, Volume VI, Issue X ,2016
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), Factors influencing Successful completion of Massive Open Online Course, A synthesis of Literature, Global Journal for Research Analysis ,5(1),2016
- Rajasekaran P, Latha A (2016), The problems and Prospects of Small Tea Growers of the Nilgiris, Kisan World,43(12),2016
- Latha A, Hemajayakeerthana P (2016), “A Study on Consumer Behaviour towards fitness centre with reference to women segment”, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, 4(11),2016.
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), Examining the Influence of Course Learning Resources on Learner Engagement with Special Reference to Massive Open Online Courses, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review1(3),2016
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2017) Assessing the Factors Influencing Cognitive Engagement with Reference to Massive Open Online Course, International Journal of Contemporary Management, Theory and Practice
- Latha A, C. Karthikeyan (2014), A Study on Impact of Store Satisfaction, Merchandise Quality and Service Quality of Store-on-Store Loyalty with Reference to Mom & Me Store Anna Nagar, Global Journal for Research Analysis, [ISSN No 2277 – 8160, Impact factor: 1.5408) 3(5),2014
- A. Latha, “Loyalty card” HRD Times, Volume13(11) [ISSN No 09767401]
- Latha A (2017), “published a case titled “Customer Centric Issues in MOOC” in Business case conference organized by Loyola Institute of Business Administration” Chennai
- Latha A  has published a case titled “Women” an emerging segment in Fitness Market – in the Journal of Applied Management Research Volume 5(2),23191228
- SICBM International Conference, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Hyderabad, A Conceptual Model To Achieve Supply Chain Excellence In Floriculture Industry By Managing Supply Chain Drivers “, 2021
- Latha. A, Malarmathi.K (2017) Role of Consumer background and Motivation on Academic Learning: An exploratory study on MOOC”, 5th International conference on Contemporary Issues in Agriculture, Engineering, Management, Information Technology and Life Sciences, Conducted by Nehru College of Management
- Ditto K R, (March 2017) Latha. A, “Determinants of customer Adoption towards Mobile Wallet Payment System in India and other countries”, International conference on “India’s Foreign Policy Transformations Issues and Challenges” Conducted by School of Management studies, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode
- Latha. A, Mr. Aravinth Rajan R, Ms. Kowshika P, Ms. Nandhini S (October 2020), “Effects Of Lockdown During Covid19”, Two Day International Virtual Conference on Contemporary Practices of Technology and Management for Economic Growth Conducted by VIT Business School, Chennai.
- K. Sri Rithi, N. Subarna, Latha A (2017), “Consumer Buying Behaviour towards Organic Food” National conference on “Innovative approaches to Business Excellence – “ZENITH – 17” organized by Dr.SNS Raja Lakshmi College of Arts and Science.
- Latha. A, Malarmathi K (7th April 2017), “Exploring customer centric issues in MOOC – A symposium in Business case studies conducted by Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Latha. A (January 31st, 2014), “The exceptional way to engage online customers “National Conference proceedings on “Digital Marketing” organized by Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai on January 31, 2014, [ISBN No: 978-93-82338949], Pg. 29 – 31.
- Latha A, Malarmathi K (2016), A study on Assessing the factors influencing cognitive engagement with reference to Massive Open Online Courses, National seminar on Emerging Paradigms in Management Research – Gaining the edge organized by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
- Chipi Chakkaravarthy.R, Gokul N ,and Dr.A.Latha, (2020), “A study on consumer preferences over the retail format during and post covid pandemic and adoption of digital technologies to meet the shopper’s expectations Virtual National Conference held on 12 March 2021 at School of Management Studies (SMS), Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.A
- International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management 2021, Symbiosis Institute of Management, Nasik, Role of Telemedicine in Improving the Operational Excellence in Pregant Womens in Health Care during COVID 19- A Systematic Review, 2021
CHAPTER CONTRIBUTION IN BOOKS
- Business Statistics, Trinity, An Imprint of Lakshmi Publications Private Limited [ISBN:978-93-86202-44-4]
- The essentials of Marketing, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
- Marketing Communication, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
- Contemporary practices in Marketing, Management skills for successful Agriprenurs, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-93-87973- 19-0]
REVIEWER & SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
- Reviewer in Journal of Management Research and Analysis 
- Reviewer in Global Journal of Management studies and Research 
- Reviewer of a Book Titled “Retail Management” which has been considered for publication by Pearson education India 
- Subject matter expert for the course titled International Marketing offered by Taxila educational and management services (P) Ltd 
Staff Development Record
DETAILS ON ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSES COMPLETED
- Critical thinking and Problem solving offered by Rochester Institute of Technology, US
through Edx platform.
- Marketing Analytics: Marketing Measurement Strategy offered by university of California,
Berkeley through Edx platform.
- Marketing in digital world, “Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing
Analytics in Theory”, “Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing
Analytics in Practice” through Coursera, certificate offered by university of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Understand research methods, University of London.
- "Online Marketing Fundamentals”. Certificate was issued by Google in association with
ISB & FICCI.
PARTICIPATION IN FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- Has attended five days’ faculty development program on "Digital Marketing" scheduled between 2nd and 6th of September 2020. The program was sponsored by AICTE – Training and learning academy and organized by Chhatrapati Shahu Institute of Business Education and Research Kolhapur.
- Has attended five days’ faculty development program on Teaching Learning and Assessment with MOOCs and Open Educational resources: Hands on approach scheduled between 8th and 12th of February 2020. The program was sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and organized by Teaching learning centre (TLC), Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT)
- Has attended five days’ faculty development program on Technology Disruptions in Management organized by college of Management, SRM Institute of science and technology, Chengalpattu & sponsored by AICTE – Training & Learning Academy Scheduled between 23rd & 27th of August 2021
- Has Attended one day faculty development program on “Using Blended MOOCS in Management Education at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore on 17th of December 2016.
- Facilitated a session on Digital Marketing – Breakthrough the Barriers" in the series of
- Served as a resource person to facilitate a session on Regression in a two Workshop on
- Served as a resource person to facilitate a session on CO – PO Mapping with the faculty
- Served as a resource person to facilitate a Webinar on “Digital Marketing Techniques for Business Excellence” for the BBM Students – Sree Narayana Guru college, Coimbatore. (2020)
- Served as a resource person to facilitate session on Marketing Strategies for the employees of ABT parcel services 
- Served as a resource person for facilitating one-day workshop on Marketing Analytics organised by GRD Academy of Management 
- Conducted a half day workshop on creativity and critical thinking organised by Sree Ramakrishna College of Arts and science 
- Delivered a session on branding handloom products for global market for samathur >weavers organised by KCT institution 
- Delivered a session in Indian Economy at PSGR Krishnammal School, 2019
- Served as a resource person for conducting training on applications of Marketing research for ASP ‘s at Postal Training centre, Madurai. 
- served as a resource person in the series of capacity building program organized by TNAU for Agriprenurs 
- Served as a resource person in a two days’ certification course on “Marketing Analytics” organized for research scholars and faculty members. 
- Served as a Mentor for the faculty team of Karunya University in two-day FDP Program on “Effective Engagement in Consulting” 
- Served as a resource person for the sales executives of Aries Agro Ltd, in a Management Development Program Organized by KCT Business School. 
- Recognized as “Best Outstanding Performer” for the year 2014-2015 and as Best External Interface Researcher” for the academic year 2016-2017 by Kumaraguru College of Technology.
- Received best paper award for the Conference paper titled “A study on Assessing the factors influencing cognitive engagement with reference to learners” presented at the National seminar on Emerging Paradigms in Management Research – Gaining the edge conducted by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College.
capacity building program organized by TNAU for Agriprenurs 
Management research tools and techniques organised by KCT business school for the
faculty fraternity (2021)
team of GRG Institute of Management (2020)
Mentored a start-up organization offering fencing services in Dharapuram and nearby areas on implementing Digital Marketing initiatives
Awards and Recognitions