A. Senthil Kumar
A. Senthil Kumar
Assistant Professor (SRG) in Management
Tel: Landline: 0422-2669401-06 (Extn:1363)
Mr.A.Senthil Kumar holds MBA degree at Bharathiar University and had undergone a 3-month Faculty Development Programme at Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Indore, India on Teaching Pedagogy and Research. He part-time pursues Ph.D in Finance at Anna University-Chennai, India. He has over 12 years of experience in educating Accounting and Finance courses for the MBA programme and committed to outcome-based and application-oriented education. He is a full-time faculty resource at KCT Business School, India.
- Lead Member – NBA Mission 1000/75 Project Management Team
- Member – KCT.BS Centre of Finance.
- Counselor – MBA Programme, KCT Study Centre, the distance learning centre of Anna University Chennai.
Research Focus Area/s
Areas of Interest in Teaching:
- Accounting & Control, Financial Management, Financial Portfolio Management, Business Research Methods.
Areas of Interest in Research:
- Capital Markets, Capital Market Cointegration, Contagion effect, Market Microstructure, Financial Econometrics, Financial Time Series Analysis.
Full text Publications in Conference proceedings:
- A SenthilKumar & Dr.V. Srividya (2013), ” Stock Market Co-Integration amongst BRIC Nations – an Empirical Inquiry”, 10th AIMS International Conference on Technology and Business Management held at Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Bangalore on January 06-08, 2013 – Full Text Proceedings, AIMS International, Houston, Texas, USA, ISBN: 978-81-924713-1-0, Vol.1/Issue 1, January 2013, pp916-921.
- A SenthilKumar & Ms.D.Nithya (2012), “A study on the EVA by Banking Scrips and its relationship with Market price of the Share, 5th International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets – Full Text Proceedings, PSG Institute of Mangement in collaboration with University of Toledo, USA, PSG Centre for Advertising & Communications, ISBN:978-93-5087-0224, Vol.1/Issue 1, Dec 2012, pp117-131.
- Senthil Kumar. A (2010). “Optimal portfolio construction with NSE’s Nifty Midcap Fifty scrips – An analytical research”. Full paper published in the book Global Recession, Survival and Growth” Role of Management Education, AIMS International, Houston, Texas, USA. Pp.64-73.
Major International Conference Presentations
- A SenthilKumar & Dr.V. Srividya (2013), “Does the stock market co-integration among the Emerging Nations Stock Markets present any potential diversification gains to International investor? – An analytical enquiry” at COSMAR 2013 – the International Research Conference organized by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore during November 15-16, 2013.
- Mr.A.Senthil Kumar, Asst. Prof (SRG) & Dr.V.Srividya (2013) jointly authored and presented a paper on “Stock Market Cointegration Amongst BRICS Nations – An Empirical Inquiry”, 10th AIMS International Conference on Management at Indian Institute of Management (IIM-Bangalore) during January 06-08, 2013.
- Mr.A.Senthil Kumar, Asst. Prof (SRG) & Ms.D.Nithya (2012) jointly authored and presented a paper on “A Study on the Economic Value Added by Banking Scrips and its relationship with the Market Price of the Share”, 5th International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets at PSG Institute of Management during December 27-28, 2012.
- Senthil Kumar. A and Dr.Srividya. V (2011) jointly authored and presented a paper on “Bootstrap financing for Small and Medium Enterprises – An exploratory study”, 8th AIMS International Conference on Management, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Ahmedabad during January 01-04, 2011.
- Senthil Kumar. A (2010), authored and presented a paper on “Does cut-off rate simplify the portfolio construction process? – An analytical inquiry”, 3rd International Conference on Emerging financial markets, PSG Institute of Management (PSGIM), Coimbatore during January 04-05, 2010.
- Senthil Kumar. A (2009), authored and presented a paper on “Optimal portfolio construction with NSE’s Nifty Midcap Fifty scrips – An analytical research”, 7th AIMS International Conference, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore during December 20-23, 2009.
Major Workshops attended:
- Workshop on Evaluating the NBA PEOs, POs and COs facilitated by Dr.S.Baskar, Professor, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, April 28, 2014.
- FDP on Curriculum Design and Teaching Learning practices at KCTBS. Resource person: Dr.Sue Shaw, MMU BS, UK, February 12, 2014.
- FDP on Financial Modeling and Analytics at IIT Madras during November 5 – 9, 2013.
- FDP on Financial Modeling Tools & Techniques on at Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore, July 22, 2013.
- Attended FDP Enhancing Research Skills in Finance at DoMS, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) between January 07-09, 2013.
- Attended Finance Research Workshop at Indian Institute of Mangement (IIM) Calcultta between November 16-18, 2012.
- Attended an FDP on New Age Pedagogic Skills for Young Management Teachers at KCT.BS between August 03-04, 2012.
- National Workshop on Train the Trainers – CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting (Operational level), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) headquartered at London, U.K., Venue: Bangalore, during March 29-30, 2011.
- Workshop on Essential Econometrics for Research in Finance, National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) – Mumbai, during December 26 – 30, 2009.
- One-week Faculty Development Programme on Basic Econometrics for Management Research, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Kozhikode, during October 19 – 24, 2009.
- 3-month Faculty Development Programme on Teaching Pedagogy and Research. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore, during April 19 – July 11, 2009.
- Workshop on CAPTSONE Business Simulation. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore, dt. June 27 & 28, 2009.
- Excellence in Research and Education Conference. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore, during May 01-04, 2009.